Sunday, July 25, 2010

Adoption update........

Apparently, whenever you have to go outside yourself, or beyond yourself, it is an opportunity for God to reveal more of Himself to you. You will be changed. Adoption definitely falls under this category. I am already being pulled outside of my comfort zone; I am being stretched. I am facing prejudices I didn't know I had, and weaknesses and inclinations I would rather ignore. I am also being taken beyond myself. I absolutely cannot do this on my own. I need help, support, encouragement, prayer and maybe a miracle or two. But in the midst of all this learning, God really is leading. I prayed that God would lead me through Chris. I want to follow Chris as he follows the Lord. Hey, guess what!?! That is exactly what is happening. Not only is Chris being directed, but doors are opening down one avenue and closing on the other. So, after praying, listening and being still, it looks like domestic adoption will be the route we go. There are several factors involved with this decision, but mainly, that's where we feel directed. Our prayer is that we get OUR baby number four; the one for us. So be it!

We have already started building wonderful relationships with many adoptive families; most of whom are transracial families which will be extremely important. It is exciting to see all these families who have "been-there and done-that". They are so willing to share their stories and knowledge. Another thing I am excited about is that many of these families also homeschool. How wonderful! I love how this is taking shape.

Well, I will keep updating as more unfolds. Thanks for the love and support!

2 comments:

  1. So excited for all of you Nicole. Such a blessing for the rest of us to watch and see the Lord working in your life. I truly appreciate your blog and being able to see what to pray for and how we might be able to help. May this journey continue to just bless all of you. Take Care. Steffi Webb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Stefanie! I love that you pray for our family! You bless us, Stefanie. I'm glad and humbled that we could be a blessing to others as well. Thanks for the constant encouragement.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete